How to Make Shami Kebabas
- boneless mutton or beef 1/2 k.g (make small small pieces)
- gram lentils (chana daal) 1/2 cup
- bay leaves 1-2
- onion roughly chopped 1 small size
- garlic cloves peeled 2-3
- ginger roughly chopped 1 tbsp
- salt to taste, chillies whole 4-5( use more or less)
- black cumin seeds 1 tsp
- whole black pepper 7-8
- cloves 5-6
- cardamom 2 (seeds)
- fennel seeds 2 tsp
- coriander seeds 1 tsp
- (above whole masala is used only if you are using sill batta)
- and if you are using chopper than make a coarsly ground powder of above whole spices and mix with meat and daal)
- fresh coriander 1/4 bunch chopped
- mint leaves few chopped
- green chillies 2-3 finely chopped
- ginger finely chopped 2 tsp
METHOD of Making Shami Kebabs
- In a pan put mutton pieces ,(pre soaked) gram lentils, onion ,bay leaves, salt, whole chillies, garlic and ginger,cumin seeds and rest of the garam masala with 1 cup of water let it cook on low heat till the lentils and mutton is done and the water is fully dried.
- Now remove the pan from the stove & let it cool completely
- Once cool grind the shami batter into a smooth paste (dough) avoid using water for a better patties.
- Add all the chopped greens, egg, mix well.
- Take a small portion and make small round patties.
- Shallow fry them on low heat till golden brown from both sides.