Nutrition (per serving)
- 10 Medium Red Tomatoes (Hyrid/Banglorie)
- 15-20 Cashew Nuts (soaked in water for 20 minutes)
- 1½ Inch Ginger
- 5-6 Cloves of Garlic
- 3 Green Chillies (Medium)
- 4 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- ½ Cup Cream/ full fat thick milk
- 2 Teaspoon Kasuri Methi (Crushed Dry Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Powder (Dhaniya)
- 1½ Table Spoon Red Chili Powder (Byadagi chilli from Karnataka, India)
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 2 Teaspoon Salt (or to Taste)
- 250 Gram Paneer (Cottage Cheese, cut in cubes)
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar (Optional)
- Water as required
- Chopped Coriander leaves (for garnish)
- For frozen Paneer first defrost them, wash them with water well, and cut them into cubes.
2 Blanch the tomatoes ( i.e. scald them in boiling water, removed after a brief, timed interval, pour normal water on it) and peel off the skin as shown in the figure below.
3. In a mixer grinder (or blender or food processor), place peeled and cooled tomatoes, soaked cashews, garlic & ginger, green chilies, and grind them into a coarse (smooth and fine) paste.
4. You can pass the paste through a sieve (strainer) to remove the any chunks remaining and then keep it aside.
5. In a large non-stick frying pan (or kadhai), heat the 3 tablespoon of butter on medium flame.
6. Once the butter melts add cumin seeds, and let it crackle, then add Byadagi red chilli powder, fry it for few seconds, to help give the desired redness to the gravy.
7. After which add tomato cashew paste to the pan, and mix it well with the chilli powder. Cook for a couple of minutes to help blend.
8. Now, add Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder), Garam Masala and Turmeric Powder (Haldi) to the paste. Along with it also add salt and blend it well.
9. Add cream/thick milk/malai to the gravy and mix everything perfectly. The cream will give the required richness to the gravy.
10. Put in the Paneer cubes into the gravy, mix it. Now place a lid to the pan and let it cook for 4-5 minutes.
11. Finally sprinkle some crushed dry Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi), and add the remaining chunk of butter, and let it cook for 2 minutes.
12. Voila, your delicious Paneer Butter Masala is ready to be served hot, garnish it with fresh finely chopped coriander leaves.