However Ladies often look out for dishes that can be quickly made, served & savoured by all.
I said quick & kachori??? Yes make them & keep in refrigerator. Deep fry & serve. It tastes good, is loved by all & what more can one ask for?
Ingredients For the kachori Covering:1. Plain flour (Maida) - 1 1/2 Cup
2. Oil - 3 tablespoon
3. Salt - to taste
4. Cold water - to knead the dough
For the filling of kachori:1. Yellow moong dal, washed & soaked for 1/2 hour - 1 cup
2. Oil - 1 tablespoon
3. Coriander Seeds, crushed coarsely - 1/2 tsp
4. Fennel seeds (Sauf), crushed - 1/2 tsp
5. Cumin seeds (zeera) - 1/2 tsp
6. Mustard seeds (rai) - 1/2 tsp
7. Asafoetid (hing) - 2-3 pinches
8. Garam masala - 1 tsp
9. Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp
10. Coriander leaves, chopped - 1/2 tablespoon
11. Salt - to taste
12. Oil - for saute & deep frying
Method of Making Cover of Kachori:1. Mix the flour, salt and oil, with the water to knead into soft pliable dough.
2. Set aside the dough for 30 mins.
Method of making filling of kachori:1. Boil the soaked moong dal in water for 5 mins. Drain & cool. Set aside.
2. Take the dal & mash. Do not mash the dal completely, but enough to make the mixture hold together well.
3. Heat the oil in a heavy pan. Add all the seeds ( whole & crushed) and allow to splutter.
4. Add the asafoetida (hing), garam masala, dhania powder & salt. Mix thoroughly.
5. Add the mashed moong dal to this & saute.
5. Add coriander leaves. Remove from heat & allow to cool.
6. Divide the filling into 15 portions.
7. Shape each portion into a small ball & keep aside.
Method of Making Kachori:1. Make a paste using a tsp of flour & mixing it with water. Set aside. This can be used if the kachoris are tearing.
2. Roll a walnut-sized ball of the dough into a round of 10 cm diameter.
3. Place one ball of filling in the centre.
4. Cover & pinch into a pouch.
5. Break off the excess dough carefully. Be carefull it should not tear.
6. Press the ball with your palm, making it flat & round.
7. Repeat for the rest of filling & dough.
8. Heat oil in a deep bottemed pan (kadai) & deep fry the kachoris, over medium flame.
9. Fry till golden crisp.
10. Serve hot or cold with Green Chutney & Red Sweet Chutney.